Last night’s Debate was totally fun and much better than watching a “What Not to Wear” rerun, which is my normal Friday night activity.
It started with me running to the store for beer and chips, which I buy maybe once every 10 months. I so wanted to lend an air of barroom credibility to my viewing without actually going to a bar but I’m not sure it worked because Lily sat on my lap and that’s not very barroomish.
Obama’s witty banter:
- orgy of spending
- kind of hard to swallow
- I have a bracelet too
- you’re using a hatchet where you need a scalpel
- John wants to pretend the war started in 2007 but it started in 2003
- It doesn’t mean that you invite them over for tea one day.
- I am not parsing words.
McCain’s not so witty banter:
- As president of the United States, I want to assure you, I’ve got a pen
- festooned with Christmas tree ornaments
- He’s parsing words, my friends.
Obama wins 7-3.
On a random note, on the way to the store I saw Santa. He was walking 2 dogs near Music Lane. It must be hard to be Santa and have all these other guys out there cultivating that Santa look just to get women.