1. The December issue is fat, glossy & adorned with a giddy Oprah getting ready to jump through a very large Christmas wreath
2. In her December “What I Know for Sure” column Oprah says that due to the current economic crisis “our spending and greed for material things that we think will define us have been forcibly put in check.”
3. Approximately 178 of the 280 pages are full page ads. (I actually tried to count them)
4. For $8 you can be defined by a trademark “O” Christmas ornament. (O Christmas tree…)
5. One of Oprah’s favorite gifts is Hope in a Jar moisturizer. $99 for 8 oz.
6. Oprah says we may have to search deeply to recognize what matters. (like expensive moisturizer)
7. Oprah sends fancy cupcakes to people for all occasions. 9 cupcakes for $59. (I can make 2 dozen for $3)
8. Suze Orman’s tells a 56 year old woman who was laid off to get a job as soon as she can. (Genius!)
9. Adam Glassman says flats are fantastic for parties, especially if they’re Jimmy Choo’s that cost $1,250.
10. Oprah says “we have a wake-up-call opportunity to get real and be real.”
11. A woman writes in that she eats four to six 7 ounce jars of green olives a day and no one calls her a freak. (Candidate for Dr. Phil house…)
12. Dr. Phil says a situation between divorced parents and their child doesn’t pass the smell test.