It is only the 2nd day of 2010 and I have already accomplished much more than I planned. At this rate I should be able to quit by the end of January and take the rest of the year off.
So far in 2010 I:
– Did laundry
– Cleaned the tops of my kitchen cabinets
– Bought a calendar
– Bought 2 new tires (they’re black!)
– Read a 2008 TIME magazine from cover to cover
– Took down Christmas decorations and the tree
– Swept up 3,452 pine needles
– Read some Jane Austen
– Watched Persuasion
– Had a glass of wine
– Had a gin and tonic
– Polished souvenir spoons
– Made scrambled eggs
– Put the garbage and recycling out
– Took a walk
– Took more pictures of cats
– Checked outdoor thermometer 7 or 8 times
– Broke outdoor thermometer
-Took things to dry cleaners
– Ran down the ipod
-Recharged the ipod
-Browsed the bookstore
-Watched a Gipsy Kings concert on TV
-Listened to the soothing crackling sounds of my WoodWick candle
-Ordered a mandolin
-Tracked my mandolin delivery online
Ok, so accomplishments are in the eye of the beholder but it does sound like I’ve done a lot. Most things are more impressive in list form. My list is definitely more impressive than say, “I worked 8 hours, came home, had dinner & went to bed.”
I like days off.
I like leftovers.
I like small accomplishments.